In 2020, you will be able to take full advantage of your respectable senior status. There are many special discounts that are available to seniors, but you won’t get these discounts unless you ask for them! To save your hard-earned money, make sure that you know what discounts you are entitled to:
1. Seniors Who Join This Discounts Club Save up to 70% at Many Popular Stores In Canada
Prime Discounts membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more.
With a Prime Discounts membership you get a discount at thousands of stores across Canada and up to 70% OFF from Canada’s top brands. The discounts available to members range from big national brands to a lot of local businesses. So you will always find deals and discounts near wherever you live.
We’ve tried this discount club ourselves and we love it. One of our staff writers managed to save over $300 a month using exclusive coupons and discounts she found on Prime Discounts website. You can literally save thousands each year paying for stuff you would have to pay for anyway.
P.S. Not everyone may qualify to join this discounts club, but you can easily check if you qualify for free.Click Here To See If You Qualify
2. Retail Discounts
- Home Hardware: Home Hardware offers a 20% senior discount on select days. Contact your nearest outlet for more information.
- Rexall Pharma Plus: Rexall Pharma Plus offers a 20% senior’s discount to CARP members. Exclusions apply.
- Value Village: Seniors citizens with valid ID are eligible for a 30% discount every Tuesday at participating Value Village thrift stores. Contact your nearest outlet for availability.
- RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID. For online purchases, use promo code 5015. Available on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Lawtons Drugs: Seniors who are 55 years old and above can get a 20% discount at Lawtons Drugs once a month depending on store location. Exclusions apply.
- Reno Depot: Reno Depot offers a 15% discount to seniors who are 55 or older every first Tuesday of the month. Valid ID is required.
- Giant Tiger: Customers who are 60 or older are eligible for senior discounts at Giant Tiger. Availability depends on store location.
- Goodwill Alberta: Goodwill in Alberta offers a 15% discount every Wednesday to seniors who are 60 years old and above.
- Goodwill Amity: Seniors who are 65 or older can get a 10% discount at Goodwill Amity every day of the week. Bring valid ID.
- Pet Valu: Seniors who are 60 years old and above can get a 10% discount on the last Thursday of every month when they sign up for the Pet Valu Your Rewards program.
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Senior citizens who are 60 or older can get 10% off their order at participating Salvation Army Thrift Stores. Bring valid ID.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Shoppers Drug Mart offers a 20% senior discount to customers who are 65 years old and above. Super Senior Days are also available on select Thursdays, where customers who are 65 or older can get 10,000 PC Optimum points or a $10 Savings Card. Availability varies every month.
3. Transportation Discounts
- CheapOAir: CheapOAir Canada offers discounts on select flight tickets to senior citizens with valid proof of age.
- Remorquage Edmundston Towing: Seniors receive a 15% service discount at Remorquage Edmundston Towing they present their valid ID. Call 506-353-9111 for inquiries.
- Hertz: Seniors who are 50 or older can join the Hertz 50 Plus Program to get 20% off car rentals, plus other benefits.
- Amtrak: Amtrak passengers who are 60 years old and above can get 10% off select cross-border services. Restrictions apply.
- Via Rail: Via Rail offers a 10% senior discount to passengers who are 60 or older. Restrictions apply.
- British Columbia Transportation System: British Columbia offers a discount on bus passes to seniors who are 60 years old and above.
- Greyhound: Greyhound offers a 20% discount on unrestricted fares to passengers aged 62 and above with valid ID. Wheelchair accessible coaches are also available.
- Amtrak: Amtrak offers a 10% senior discount on select rail fares to passengers who are age 65 or older with valid ID. Restrictions apply.
- Calgary Transit: Seniors who are 65 years old and above are eligible purchase Calgary Transit’s Regular Senior Yearly Pass and Low Income Seniors Yearly Pass.
- Go Transit: Go Transit offers a discount on single-ride fares to seniors who are 65 or older. Bring valid proof of age.
- Halifax: Halifax offers fare discounts every day and free rides every Tuesday to seniors who are 65 years old and above. Bring valid identification.
- Toronto Transit Commission: Passengers who are 65 years old and above can get discounts on TTC rail fares. Valid ID is required.
- Ottawa Transit: Ottawa Transit offers free rides every Wednesday plus monthly pass discounts to Ontario residents who are 65 or older. Presto card is required.
- St. John’s Metrobus: St. John’s Metrobus offers discounted rates on the 10-ride pass and 30-day pass to seniors who are 65 years old and above with valid ID.
4. Hotel Discounts
- Best Western: If you’re 55 or older, you’ll receive 10 percent off or more. You may also receive early check-ins, late check-outs, and free room upgrades. Simply make a hotel reservation and show proof of your age upon check-in.
- Choice Hotels: The hotels in this chain include: Comfort, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, and Ascend Hotel Collection. Seniors 60 and older get a 10 percent discount when they book in advance.
- DoubleTree: Senior discount rates are available at participating hotels. Seniors ages 65 and over are eligible. You can also book a second room for family members at the same discounted rate.
- Marriott: Seniors ages 62 and over save 15 percent or more off rates
- Sandman Hotels: Sign up for the 55Plus Program for discounts at all locations.
5. Pharmacy Discounts
- Lawtons Drug: Seniors save 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on the monthly 55+ Appreciation Day. (Check your local store or the website for dates and details.) Some exclusions apply.
- Rexall Pharma Plus: Seniors save 20 percent on regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Day (which happens once a month). Some exclusions apply.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Seniors ages 65 and older get 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Discount Day (usually the last Thursday of the month). Some exclusions apply.
6. Food and Restaurant Discounts
- Applebee’s: Applebee’s offers a discount to senior citizens who are 55 years old and above with valid ID. Contact your nearest outlet to determine availability.
- Denny’s: Customers who are 55 or older can get 15% off their order at participating Denny’s outlets every Thursday 2PM-10PM. Bring valid ID.
- Humpty’s Restaurants: Customers who are 55 or older can get a 10% senior discount at Humpty’s Restaurants when they sign up to the Emerald 55 Club. A special 20% discount is offered to club members every Tuesday.
- Get up to 70% Discount at Thousands Of Restaurants and places like Harvey's, Tim Hortons and more (have to be a member of Prime Discounts)
- KFC: Seniors who are 55 years old and above with valid ID can get discounts at select KFC outlets in Canada. Contact your nearest store.
- M&M Food Market: Seniors who are 60 years old and above can get 10% off regular price items at M&M Food Market every Tuesday. Exclusions apply.
- Nature’s Fare: Nature’s Fare offers a 5% discount every Wednesday and Thursday to seniors who are 60 or older. Bulk bags and case products are always 10% off.
- Planet Organic Markets: Seniors who are 62 and older who shop at Planet Organic Markets every Wednesday will receive 10% off regular-priced items when they apply for a free Market Rewards card.
- Bulk Barn: Bulk Barn offers a 10% discount every Wednesday to senior citizens who are 65 years old and above. Exclusions apply.
- Mandarin: Mandarin offers a 20% discount on buffets to customers who are 65 years old and above. Bring valid ID.
- Taco Bell: Taco Bell offers discounts to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID. Available at select locations only.
7. Entertainment Discounts
- Bata Shoe Museum: Seniors with valid ID are eligible for admission fee discounts at the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto.
- Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village: Senior citizens can get $2 off the admission fee at Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village in Pincher Creek, Alberta. Call 403 627-3684.
- Lougheed House: Lougheed House offers a $2 discount on admission fees to seniors who have valid proof of identification.
- Canada’s Wonderland: Canada’s Wonderland offers discounts on general admission and season passes to visitors who are 60 years old and above.
- Canadian Canoe Museum: The Canadian Canoe Museum offers admission fee discounts to visitors who are 65 years old and above.
- Canada Museum of History: The Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau offers discounts on admission fees to visitors who are 65 or older with proof of age.
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Seniors who are 65 years old and above are eligible for admission discounts at the Canadian Museum of Nature. Bring valid ID.
- Canadian War Museum: Visitors who are age 65 years old and above can get discounted tickets at the Canadian War Museum in Ottowa. Proof of age is required.
- Hockey Hall of Fame: The Hockey Hall of Fame offers discounts on single tickets and group tickets to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID.
- Jurassic Forest: Seniors who are 60 and older can $3 off the daily admission fee and $10 off seasonal membership at Jurassic Forest.
- Ontario Science Centre: The Ontario Science Centre in Toronto offers discounts on admission fees to seniors who are 65 years old and above.
- Parks Canada: Visitors who are 65 or older are eligible for reduced fees on daily admission and the Discovery Pass at Parks Canada. Exclusions apply.
- Science North: Science North is offering discounts on exhibit and theatre admission fees to seniors who are 65 years old and above.
- The Royal Ontario Museum: The ROM in Toronto offers reduced pricing on general admission to senior citizens who are 65 and older.
- Theatre Calgary: Theatre Calgary offers Senior Saturday Matinees on select shows to guests who are 65 years old and above. Exclusions apply.
- Toronto Zoo: Seniors who are 65 or older with proof of age can get admission fee discounts at the Toronto Zoo. Prices vary for each season.
- Vancouver Art Gallery: The Vancouver Art Gallery is offering ticket discounts to seniors who are 65 years old and above. Admission fee is by donation on the first Monday of each month from 10AM-1PM.